Thursday, December 16, 2021

Thursday's Things....


 The storm did cover up the sighting of the moon once it all hit.  The storm lasted for a long time and the strong winds lasted until three in the morning. 


It looked like this about an hour before it hit. The clouds were moving fast and tornadoes were spotted in the state at various locations.



A humorous side of the storm is the knocking down of the Canadian fake geese. I thought I had brought in everything but these two had to go through the winds. 



When we had our door mat picked up by the wind and hit the side of the house we thought we had been hit by something hard.  Another humorous sight is the fallen reindeer that couldn't take the continue blowing.  



Our temperatures were u to 71 degrees F. yesterday.  When the cold air hit that temp we had the explosion of a storm.  It dropped down to 36 degrees F. in the night. The only people sliding on snow are these guys in my wife's village.



While out on the deck this am I saw this view of my wife's angel tree. The peace sign looks good as we are at peace now after such a long time of windy weather.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I'm still hunting for a downspout, two went missing and I found one,...the other? Who knows?

The geese gave me a chuckle but I am happy that you didn't get hit by a tornado or lose electricity.
Stay well. Love your shots.

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad you made it through the storm ok.

Rose said...

We had wind, but not as strong...last week we had Seek shelter alerts.

The geese made me chuckle, too. I am glad that nothing worse happened.

Far Side of Fifty said...

If only the geese and reindeer could fly away! Up here they said stuff could blow around...but nothing did.