Friday, December 9, 2022

Decorations.....


 

Some of the largest ornaments have been put on our large tree.  We aren't done with two boxes of smaller ornaments left to go.

 


 

This is a classic bell shaped ornament but it was made and decorated in a European country. 



The egg-shaped ornament is from the same country as the bell above.  The other classic shaped ornament is actually a modern sale from the revived  historic shinybrite company. 



It is almost time to set up the village.  My wife has collected them for some time.  I believe that there are 17 big pieces and all the fixings that come with it.  It is a lot of walking up and down the stairs which is good therapy for me.  When the big tree is done the unboxing begins.  

We did get some rain but my gauge was brought in to keep it from freezing.  I have not heard how much  rain that happened.  Our deck was wet when we went to bed and it was very wet this morning when we got up.  North of us got snow instead.  We are having a dark, dreary day and the lights have to be on to brighten up the house.  It is cold but not freezing.  Thanks for stopping by today. 

0.26" of rain for a drought ridden area.

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Exquisite ornaments, they are so beautiful. I've always enjoyed seeing your Christmas Village it reminds me of England.
Jo

The Furry Gnome said...

Gorgeous decorations!

Val Ewing said...

Those ornaments are stunning. If I could have those hanging around my house all year 'round I would be so tickled. They are colorful and so cheerful.

We got snow. Lots of it. Enough for me to shovel around the house for hours.