Thursday, December 29, 2022

Thursday's Things.....


 A donkey carved from olive tree wood. A gift the adds to our Bethlehem collection.  



Our grandson loves the old toy of Godzilla.  It belonged to his father when he was five years old.  Now the 6 year old son likes to imitate the creature.  He declared his city to be protected by Godzilla. 



The city was created by me and my grandson over a long period of time.  We started it when he visited in the summer and now it has grown. Our grandson loves to create all sorts of vehicles to to park around his city.

Our granddaughter was on her way home when she declared herself upset because they didn't bring the ginger bread home with them.   She, her grandma and her father put it all together.  She does have another one at home the she made with a parent earlie. 


Christmas is over but we are still enjoying all the decorations. We were glad that the family did come and were able to see the different trees.  We won't take anything down until after New Years or beyond.  We are having warm weather, melting temps, and it is wonderful. If we hadn't been so extremely cold we wouldn't be so pleased with 48° weather.  I had to fill up all my tires with air as the cold had messed with the air pressures.  I have a cheap pump that runs off of the cars lighter plug and with patience I can get the all inflated properly.  The future forecast says snow or rain will be coming.  It is winter so we just go with the flow.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I love the Lego City with all the vehicles. He did a great job building it and love all the characters he has in his city.

I have a beautiful donkey carved out of onyx ... ? Maybe? I have it stored away at the moment, but bring it out when I switch things up.

I'm still enjoying our decorations too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun to have little ones there!