Friday, May 5, 2023

Friday with No Funnies....


 

I took a new shot of the neighbor's trees and I discovered there is a beautiful red flowering tree at the next neighbor's house.  That is the most I will ever see of that one. The white ones seemed so great but this morning they were even whiter.  

 


 

I brought up from the basement one of my prized birdhouses.  It will never go outside to be rained on and it can be displayed all summer in the sun room.  Viewing the detail that I put on this one that the winter a year ago must have been a long hard one. 



I have eight buds ready to open on my fern leaf peony.  It has restored form its move two years ago away for the fence construction zone. 



It is raining today and everything is looking better.  It phlox is now taking over everything. I have to decide if I need to cut it off at the ends. 



The bluebells are still slow to open.  I think the plant is in decline compared to when I inherited in six years.  The two years plus of drought took its toll on lots of my plants. 




We took a holiday today.  We went out for breakfast then took off to our large mall area.  There we visited Hobby Lobby and finished off the visit by stopping at the bookstore.  We had a chicken sandwich for a late lunch and came home.  Rain has set in now and we will be in for the rest of the day.  I got wet going to get the mail.  Have a great rest of the day.


2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Your Fern Leaf Peony is looking great!

Val Ewing said...

I've never seen such a peony! Wow, that is awesome.

Your flowers look great too. I know that my bluebells were slow to open this year but when I look back on the dates, they were open last year on the 10th. Mine have multiplied between this year and last.

Your tulips are amazing. Just so brilliant and colorful. Spring sure is beautiful.