Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tuesday.....a Hot Day.


 This is my red peony that I inherited from my mom and grandmom. 



 This is a white peony that I moved from my old place.  It has a lot of history at that property which is a 100 plus years old.



 I inherited this peony from the former owner of our new place.  I suspect it was bought commercially.



 This antique peony also came from my old place.



 This red is from a former owner also.  It is not the same red as my grandmom's peony.  I am thinking it was bought commercially. 



 


 I hope our hot spell won't destroy the peony blooms.  We are having high humidity and that should help them out. It was not fun to work outside this morning.  It is summer.   Thanks for stopping in today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I wonder are the pink ones I've had here for 30 years and that we inherited from the previous owner .. he had them for 10 years... would they be the vintage/antique kind?

Interesting! I'd love to get at least one more color at our place!
Stay cool!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Peonies are beautiful!