Sunday, May 7, 2023

Sunday Sun.....


 

The morning rain was slight and the sun does now shine.  The temperatures are suppose to get up into the 80s° this afternoon causing severe weather for our area. 

 


 

The frequent rains has helped to green up everthing.  The grass continues to spread itself into the flower garden area so I have started a new mulch barrier.  Laying down cardboard pieces then mulch makes it more effective.  I have nothing planted yet in the left side but I do have plans for it. 


 

I usually stop feeding the birds by June.  I guess I may stay at it as I want to keep the pair of doves in my area as well as the pair of cardinals. I know that the sparrows will appreciate the feeder staying full too. 


The early tulips are now spent.  They will keep dropping petals as the rains continue.  I got my front yard mowed yesterday morning between rains. The grass is so green this spring and it was needing to be mowed.  I wasn't able to keep up with my two side neighbors as they mowed two days ago all of their yards.  I mowed just the back two days ago.  The mow their grass in diagonal patterns.  I mow mine in a curve to match the curve of my flower bed next to the house.  It reminds me of the way my dad farmed with contours down on the farm.

It is a quiet Sunday even though we have had lightening and thunder.  It has quieted down for now.  We see smoke from our neighbor firing up his charcoal for his smoker.  It was a dense fog this moring when we got up so it is really humid outside today.  Thanks for checking in today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Great idea of using cardboard and then mulch. I'll be planting and laying mulch very soon!

Yesterday was nice!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear that the grass is growing enough to mow:)