Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Will it be Wednesday? Yes!


 The sun was so bright that the camera didn't want to shoot right at it.  I decided evidence of the sun can be seen in this shot with all the shadows created by the morning sunrise.  The pussy willows in the vase continue to go through their cycles and the branches are forming leaves. 



The May Day flowers look like this. There are always five stems in the bunch.  On accent flower, large white one in this batch.  The filler is the use of Peruvian Lilies.  The are variegated this time.  The color scheme works well this time but sometimes they want to throw a lime green flower into the bunch.



I went out in the dark to bring in the flag and there it was.  I have taken so many shots of it but I just had to do it one more time.  It is easier to see what stage it is when seen in the photograph than it is by just looking up at it. I had to search for info and the moon is still waxing.  It will be a full moon by Friday. 





It is finished.  I need to go to the nursery to see what vines that are available. The boxes are lined with plastic window boxes.  I am resting today from it all even though I have spread mulch this morning.  I am glad to have all the tools picked up and put away along with the scrap wood pieces.  It seems to be warmer out there even though we are not at 60° F. yet.  I just dress in layers and take off things as they get too warm.  It is just long sleeve weather out there right now.   Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

You always get such great moon shots!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The May Day flowers are really nice and the color choices of white and a darkish red go well together, Larry. I wondered why there are always just five flowers in the bunch. You got a great shot of the moon too.