Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Middle of the Week....


 

I have seen a robin come to the feeder last summer season.  This is the first for this year.  They flit in so fast that I have to grab the camera a move fast. 

 


 I got a lot of partial shots and didn't think I was going to get the full body.   It did turn around quickly and came to the front of the feeder.

 


 

A new hybrid iris came out today.  It put out two blooms at once which is unusual. I don't know the name of it at this point of time but I was thinking I would like to have more two colored iris. I guess I do know have this one.

 


 

 I had forgotten that I had this one. I moved it from the old place.  I call it Sally's Iris as she brought in a bunch of rhizomes in to school one day and I collected a few of them.  This is the only one of them that survived and was glad to move.  I had to discover out about treating for grubs as a lot of my iris was being eaten up at the base. I lost a lot of iris back then. 


I mowed the back yard this morning. I couldn't understand why I was having physical problems and then I found out how hot it was out there.  I have looked at my mower blade and I need a new one.  I don't have a way to sharpen it properly so I will go buy one. I was advised to buy a mulching blade.  Right now my old blade is just beating the grass to death. I had to use the bag again today and carried lots of grass away to mulching areas of my back yard. 

The heat is something new to adjust to just like the freezing temps were such a shock.  I am glad to have it all mowed now even though it took me two days.  Tomorrow.......



1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Warm here too, I really like my mulching blades...raking up grass is too hard of work:)