Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Fish World and Garden News....


 Three blooms are open and the fourth one will be open tomorrow.  I know nothing about growing orchids but once they put out a stem I know enough to just leave it alone. 



Some people like to move their furniture around many times. I do that with my aquariums. I have this one moved away from the window and the fish have now been put back into it.  I had the fish held in a temporary smaller tank for a couple of days.  I also get to rearrange the plants and lantern in the fish's water world. 



The space that was cleared up is now my nursery center for smaller plants.  I had to bring in everything from outside because of a frost warning.  Two of these plants are newly potted hardy geraniums from their original larger pots.

 


 


The marigolds are spent. The visual shows the bad conditions of the plants.  I will be pulling them in the next two days.  It was a good run of blooms but now they look mostly dead.


I dead headed my seven different roses this morning.  To my surprise six out of seven of them are setting new buds again.  I didn't expect to see any buds but it is so great to see them.  I can keep posting roses for another month until it snows. Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Terra said...

Your orchid is pretty, I have several of them. I like when they rebloom after their first bloom.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You take such good care of your fish, they are quite entertaining.
I think the warmer days have given chance for one last flower flush, my roses are shooting new blooms also :)
Beautiful weather this week.
Jo

Val Ewing said...

Your fish look like they have a great place to live.

I think most of the flowers will be done outdoors after this frost this morning.

But fall is here!