Saturday, October 28, 2023

Stuff of Saturday.....


 

It was a cold start this morning. The sun did come up but the clouds keept us from seeing it. The color was there for a very short time. 

 


 

Our first freeze happened early this morning.  We are not to warm up to above 36° F. The plants will show the damage in the next few days. 



The redbud will drop its leaves more quickly now. I still don't understand why the tree hasn't grown taller.



It did pay off to clip the roses and bring them in. We had four different bouquets by the time we had sorted them all out.  It was nice to get some of the pruning done as I clipped the blooms.  I will need to return and be more thorough pruning. 



I had to drain my two water collection barrels. I place garden hoses on them and drain them onto two different trees.  I went out after supper to check the progress and both barrels had drained.  I proceeded to try to roll up the hoses.  It was just to cold and they were kinking everywhere.  I had brought in my cushions to dry off so I just pulled the hoses inside too. This morning I was able to better roll up my hoses. I know a burggler would have had  fun trying to walk through that in the middle of night in the dark. 



The florist department of the grocery store knows that I am a real sucker and buying their plants.  I saw this palm that had to come home with me.  I have had the pot for a few years and I emptied it out for the new plant. In the old days they would sell these palms with just one or two stems. Having that many stems makes me wonder as to how that will work out or if some of them will die back. I am happy with my  purchase. 


Our son sent us this robot bug.  It has proven to work pretty well at cleaning the rugs.  It goes under the bed and dressers freely going where I can't do so often. It still is like a toy but yet it does do some work without me lugging out the big cleaner machine.  I will have to still use the large machine to do the deep cleaning of dust and dirt. It does get stuff up because I keep having to emptying it.

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Your Redbud is beautiful!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Your redbud tree is pretty. Ours is having some kind of growing pains also- the outer limbs are sagging and we have to cut them off so I can mow around the tree. Ours is about ten years old, and I wonder how long it will live.

Val Ewing said...

I don't know enough about trees to help you with that question. But I am jealous of your little robot! I need one to run around our little house every day to pick up Charlie's hair.

I bet my little dog wouldn't like it much.

We are freezing here now for our second day. We had a bit of snow yesterday afternoon but it was just flurries.

Far Side of Fifty said...

My husband uses the robot every morning, it does a fairly good job of getting the dust bunnies;0