Sunday, October 22, 2023

Sunday's Stills.......


 It is a clear sky with the temps at 48° F.  I have reached the point that I will just leave the heat on now and not change it.  For a while I was heating in the morning and then switching over to air in the afternoon. Our high today will be 64° F. 


And now there are six buds on the orchid. The seventh will probably be opened tomorrow. I repotted it in to new orchid medium and look at it now. 



My neighbor's clump birch is looking good.  I had to wait to morning to take its picture as the sun shines best on it then. The development made some strange lots, as this one is a wedge shape and the front has such a small yard which is tilted downward.  It is strange seeing it being mowed as he has to push up and down the short his to do it. They must have a worse incline down to their backyard than mine as one can see the kids play equipment way down the hill.



Here is the same clump birch being lighted from behind by the sun. I miss our birch from the old place but this one is a pleasure to see year round across the street from us. 



This is my dry arrid side of my plant stand. The cactus need little to no attention. I am struggling with my jade plant. I can't tell if I am watering it too much or not enough.  It was doing better when I was ignoring it. 

It is quiet this Sunday as people are sleeping in and the traffic is low to nil.  No work today and no college football games to fret over. Tomorrow will be a busy day again on the streets. We have no plans for today and resting is on the schedule. I made the grocery run yesterday and we are good for a few days with food and meds.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

As a kid we had jade plants and I had one too that my son brought home from school in 2nd grade. It lived until last year! I kept dividing it up.
I think it has to go dry in between? I don't recall.

Love your dry plants, they look great.

I don't have room for any indoor plants in our house. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...


Your cactus look good! Love that Orchid it is very pretty!