Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Middle of the Week....


 A couple of days ago I brought in a few zinnias.  They are the last of them. So today I started today to pull up the dead zinnia plants. I didn't get done with their removal but I will get it done tomorrow. They were slow to germinate this season but they did show off most of the season. 

 


It is a nice  to have free jars to make into a vase. This jar is an antique canning jar. 

 


 

My neighbor Gary passed away a month ago. I will remember him as the one who identified the cottonwood tree. He had a story about his grandfather putting a cottonwood stick in the ground at the corner of a fence. The tree was still there today on that farm as it became the corner brace for the fence. You can see the change of the season, light changes, temperature changes are turning the color of the leaves.




It isn't a pretty picture but we did get a good frost over night. Cars that sat outside were coverend with frost also. I think we will now start to warm up again for a few days. Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: