Sunday, October 27, 2024

Sunday Afternoon....


 The morning is almost at the freezing point and clear sky helps it to be cold.  The sun has not really shown yet but the glow is good.



Because of the cold I have brought in the reblooming iris to save it from froat. It is slow to bloom and yet it will surprise me one morning.  I have one more stalk to bring in that has three or four buds on it. That will happen before dark tonight. 



This is a shot of the stem that I brought inside a couple of days ago. The flower is shriveled up and gone now. 

 


 A few of my hosta have already succumbed to the cold. This one doesn't seem to be bothered yet.  I read articles that one should trim them back but in our climate the cold takes them back before I can cut them back.


I don't have enough leaves on the ground yet to mow/mulch them so I guess it will be later for that job.  I still have some outside work to do with four rose bushes. I am goint to ditch my bags of recycle in the next couple of days.  Monday is a coming.

Thanks for checking in today.



No comments: