Sunday, October 20, 2024

Sunday....


 My choice of coffee mug was a whimsical one. I felt like seeing a bright red mug and few of my old friends on the side made me smile. 



The orchid that surprised me with blooms keeps on showing me more blooms. I didn't give it any special care and really did ignore it. 



The roses that I cut last week have stayed strong in their vase. I could go cut a new batch once these are done.  I have some roses that need to be cut back for the winter. We are going to have warm days ahead so I can get some of the jobs done.



I did buy an auger bit for my portable drill and it worked well. I was able to drill the holes into the hard soil far enough down that the tulip bulb would sit right below the soil level. I then piled on new soil to give the tulips the height of soil that they like. The lay of the land along there is so uneven as the builder left a very uneven mess. The former owner had to put stairs in there with railroad ties as he couldn't walk down the hill. The story was that our house was built as an afterthought, squeezed in between two other houses that they had built.  When they got the house done they really didn't do much thought with the moving of the soil on either sides of tour house.  My neighbor to the north was hanging around so he demanded his side of the yard to be leveled with a gradual slope.  I have been bringing in soil and trying to make my side of the area into a better looking slope so putting in soil for tulips was a good thing. 

We are having warm weather today and the air had to be turned on by noon. People are out and about outside today as it is nice to get good weather. We are hearing forecasts that suggests rain.  That would be wonderful. 

Thanks for stopping by today.



No comments: