Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Tuesday's Things....


 

The frost doesn't always hurt the roses but I use that as an excuse to cut and bring them inside. I really could do it during all of their blooming season.  I have so many of them that it wouldn't harm them to use them as cut flowers.


I dug my glads this morning.  It was a challenge as the ground is so hard and dry. In some places I felt like I was trying to get through concrete. I guess the more clay that is in the clay the harder it is to dig.  I will get them trimmed back and brought inside  before the freeze. 

 


 I don't have a rough sink in my basement so my bathroom sink is the thing I use. The former owners put in a nice bedroom and a very nice bathroom downstairs. They didn't ad a utility sink so I try to be careful on the fanciest sink that is in our one out of three bathrooms.  I dug geraniums that never did bloom well all summer. I am hoping to get some blooms over the winter and maybe I can replant some next spring. 


 

I would love to build something. I don't mind watching others build. This started off with only four beams put up. Last Sunday the neighbor finished his set of beams and it looks so great. They added this to a deck that extends out onto their new above ground swimming pool.  In reality I do think I could put one of these over our deck that sits next to our sunroom. Maybe next spring.Our deck is only ten by 15 feet so it would take so many beams.

My journey through better dental health has begun. I had half of my teeth, left side completely cleaned and ex-rayed many times. I have an appointment on Thursday that I am dreading. I then will return next week for a couple of more times for the other half to be cleaned and measured for a cap.  There is a stray cavity as of yet to be dealt with but they are so busy do other things.

Thanks for stopping by today.


No comments: