Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday.......


I need to pick up my bricks that I carelessly tossed a few days ago into the ditch lilies patch.  I had to put a fence around the old fish pond that has been turned into a bog.  I will keep adding dirt to it until I get it almost filled to ground level.  Button fell into the one end and I had to pull him out a few days ago.  His eyesight is poor to zero and he depends a lot on smell.  He can't see down and walked into the pond.  He had lots of leaves for footing to stand while in the bog but he had three inches of water to deal with.  We saw it and got him out right away.  I immediately installed the garden fencing around it completely so we don't have to worry about that happen again. Button got his legs and feet washed in the sink.


Yes, my tomato seeds are up already. I must have done them right as they seem good to go.  I planted some roma tomato seed on the far left end since I could now tell which end that I had planted first. They get a lot of care with them sitting right in front of the fish tank.  I check for moisture each day.  I guess I forgot to bring in the plastic cover for this and I might just get that from the garden shed today. I just thought of it right now while pecking the keys of the computer. 



Seeing the transplanted iris coming up healthy and strong is such a great feeling of accomplishment.  These will be in full sun now and we will see how they do this spring. Probably no blooms this year but I can only wish for it. I don't have a clue as to what color of bloom that it is but I will know when the buds open.



Daffodils are always fun to see.  I hope they do better this year.  We certainly had enough moisture the whole year for the bulbs to be healthy. 







A final finish with a special effects photo. The macro will blur if you don't hold it perfectly still.  I think it makes it into a action photo. 

Thank you for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet you get some Iris blooms this year! Just have to wait and see, your ditch lilies are coming up nicely. Poor Button good thing it wasn't full of water:)

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

That's a good stand of ditch lilies. I put some in my alley last year. I just found them today. They did survive the winter.

The Furry Gnome said...

Your plants are a long way ahead of ours!