Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wednesday and there is no "Do Over"......


It is drab whether there is snow or not.  I am getting so tired of the cold temps.  I am hoping that we can stay warm the next time it warms up in our area.


It was so cold that the blue gate was frozen shut earlier this winter.  It had caused the gate posts to shift enough that I couldn't make the latch work.  All is back to normal after that severe cold spell.


This is such a drab area for now but it will fill in with hostas late spring. I have a couple of new things planted in this area that I will be anxious to see.


Late evening I could see the red of a Cardinal at the feeder.  They are not frequent visitors but it is nice to see one in the yard once in a while.

I am in high school English again today.  We are doing Hamlet in one class and are discussing a book called The Things They Carried, by Tim O'Brien in another.  I am going to borrow the book and read it unless it is too sad.  It is about Vietnam war soldiers.  Other things being done in English today is reading about Walden in Thoreaus's book. The last period is about public speaking and that will be fun to do.  

I hope things are good out there for everyone.  I appreciate your stopping by today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your pictures Larry.
I read your profile. You sure have a lot of experiences and also your a retired school teacher of Arts.And you fill in at school as a sub I guess you cal it.

Oh I think I may have mastered my blogs on.

I have them listed in imagination. Then hopefully you just click on. Your directed.





Far Side of Fifty said...

WE have both read The Things They Carried, I should read it again. :)