Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Wednesday


The goldfish are giving me the evil eye as I didn't get them fed yesterday.  They were also concerned that I was only taking photos of the tomato starts and wouldn't feed them again today.  I did remember and they were much happier.   You can see the top of a tomato plant at the bottom of the photo.

The starters are ready for the next stage of transplanting.  This is the time when I wonder why I planted so many single tiny seeds as now I have to keep these things alive. You can see the center leaves of the plant are now developed.  They will look better and get stronger once I get them into the next size of pots.


I will try to get some potting soil today to make the next step easier.  I probably will not do the replanting all on the same day.



We had a thunderstorm this morning and we are promised to have more this afternoon.  We will need to pick up my wife's friend from the hospital this afternoon and take her to her apartment.  Rain or shine that will happen.  I am hoping that we beat the rain.  The flowers are doing well on the longer days and bright light. The Easter lily seems to be recouping from its experience at the store.  I have one bud ready to shrivel up and one bud that should open by morning.

I hope all will have a good day and thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We walked by a table at Wally World where Tulips and Daffodils were drooping from lack of water and they still wanted 7.98 for them. Good thing you remembered to feed the fish! :)

A Colorful World said...

I know your friend really is glad to have such a sweet couple of help her! What awesome tomato seedlings! The flowers are really looking good, and I know the fish were happy to get some food. :-) Take care!

Patsy said...

Glad your friend gets to come home today.
We are to get rain next two days, should wash all
of the green pollen away. The Bennie is happy he didn't
have to mow a yard any more, He watched the gardener to it from the window.

Anonymous said...

I hope that the rain will hold off until you can get Shary home from the hospital and her groceries safe inside. I've been praying for the three of you.
I love seeing the fish, even if they are mad about being ignored! lol
Very pretty lily too.
We are supposed to have rain tomorrow and Friday.