Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday's Stuff.......


A look across the street is a wonderful sunrise that has started. I saw a lot of great shots on the internet of the same sky, one that had the Iowa capitol in front of it.  The sky made a great backdrop for whatever you had in front of it.



The last of the silver maples that were once seven in number on this property is seen over the roof of the house.  The tree is putting out its seed pod like things that make the fuzzy haze on the branches.



My redtwig dogwood branches were in the dark basement in a galvanized bucket.  They have been moved upstairs now in an old ice tea jar. I have another jar of shorter twigs that I trimmed off of these branches.  They are in an old blue pint canning jar.






I have lots of shots  taken at the feeder but I will wait another day to show more. These sparrows have a junco in their midst.  I thought the juncos had gone north already but there are just a few still around eating from my free seed.


I have a lot of shots of this girl.  She is a female cardinal for those who don't know.  I see the male cardinal out there in the late evening so I can't take any shots of him.  He is dark red in the dull light and I can barely make out his form then.

We are having a warm day for this time of the year.  The sun is bright in the morning, shown here, before it started to cloud over for the rest of the day. This is the small jar of twigs that I am trying to sprout.  I didn't get my tomato seed planted this weekend as I forgot to by soil.  I may have to use the soil from the ground as it does work, just there are less weeds in the purchased soil.

It is late afternoon and I have been late getting posted again today.  I hope all are well and thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am so jealous of your Cardinals both male and female!! No Juncos here yet...some Red Polls came back:)