Friday, March 25, 2016

Spring........


As a local weather man complained, we have had all four seasons this week.  Sometime there has two or three seasons in just one day.  We had frost this morning covering all of the roofs and vegetation.  The ditch lilies  had sparkles on them while I was out with Button this morning. By the end of the day the temps should warm up to early spring temperatures.


While clearing things in the flower bed last evening I pulled on a dead stem instead of breaking it off.  As I was putting stems in the wheel barrow I notice this phlox plant needs to be put back into the ground. I remember years ago that I had a hard time getting phlox to start in my garden and now they have spread.  I see now they are spreading by roots and not by seed. I didn't get it planted but maybe I can get it back in the ground on Saturday.


The leaves are from the surprise lilies that are planted there.  They grow their leaves and then die down.  They then push up stems with buds and bloom out lily flowers a month or so later.  I didn't have blooms on them last year and I don't know what weather condition caused it but I hope they do bloom this summer.



Our storms did blow the top layer off of this load but yesterday after school I did get it dumped. The wheel barrow sits back in another part of the yard ready for me to pick up more sticks.



The bluebells keep coming up even during the very cold temps.  We were below freezing a couple of nights this week.




This is the dog's eye view as they come down the stairs.  Barney sees this but Button is not seeing this much.  I watch him and he sees light and is working on his nose to know where he is.  The ditch lilies are surviving now that I have a fence around them to keep Barney from tromping through.




The cyclamen plant is in the botanical center's greenhouse. They do not grow well outside like I have seen growing in gardens in the south.  We just get too hot for them to be planted outside.  They are a different kind of bloom in looks but the colors are still great.

I am in the Special Education room today to finish off the week. It is a shorten day for the teachers to finish up grades for reports of the nine weeks so it makes it an easier day.  School seems to be flying by now as there is only a fourth of the year left.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Thank you for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

It is starting to look like spring at your house
You should have flower buds soon.

The Furry Gnome said...

Do you have those Daffodils blooming already!?

Far Side of Fifty said...

You will be having flowers soon! We had snow in the air today:(