Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cousins......

All flowers are related right, at least they are of the plant world. Anyway, when I took this I thought of how the lily is a single flower struggling alone but with family. That is the only lily sitting among the coneflowers and a few black eye susans.
I had a good day at the zoo today taking resource pictures with my wife for her painting and drawing and me I guess for my blogging. It was a good day even though it is such a small zoo. It sits on hills and valleys so we got a lot of exercise.

As a teaser, there were also flowers at the zoo. I use to have a pink dinner plate hibiscus but the William Baffen rose squeeze it out. A neighbor gave me a new start this spring but it needs to grow for a aeason.
I have some really great macros of these zoo hibiscus. When you see the macro's you will see how large these flowers really are in size. I will share them off and on. Thanks for reading....

3 comments:

The Retired One said...

These are great shots...looking forward to your zoo photos too!

Ezhilan said...

Beautiful flowers!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Sounds like a delightful day, sunshine, animals, flowers, and the one you love by your side... what could be better ?
Thanks for sharing, I swear I can smell those flowers ;)