Tuesday, July 28, 2009

They finally bloomed.....

I took pictures early in the spring and showed textures of the different plants in the garden. That was early June and here it is late July and they finally bloomed.
When it would rain they would lay down on the ground so I have to tie them up each year. I planted this many years ago and the bulbs really have multiplied into almost a bush.
They didn't tie up easily and they all have a drunken sway as the heads of the flowers turned toward the light when they were on the ground. I know it is a good problem, but I am amazed how I have to deal with it each year.
I was able to get some good close shots but now they are into their final blooming and there are so many dead flowers to remove. If time allows, I will deadhead it.
I mowed most of the morning and worked on framing jobs that I have been putting off for some time. I guess I got some fertilizing done this am. I was going to go back out in the afternoon but once I started framing I just stayed with the flow. It got to be 85 degrees out there anyway and we are expecting rain tonight. I still haven't planted my new purchases from last week. Maybe it will be cooler in the morning after the rain. Thanks for reading....

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Those are wonderful lilies. Even though they need staking, they are well worth the effort.

FlowerLady

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Beautiful flowers, so prolific !
Are they Tiger Lilies ?
It's raining here today one of those nice gentle English rains, that are kind to the flowers. Not a gully-washer that breaks everything down, after months of tendering.
Your "to do" list is growing, how did you ever find time to work ...lol

L. D. said...

I don't think they are tiger lilies as the petals don't roll back as far as tiger lilies do. I had a couple of different tiger lilies and they were not a trump form. When I was teaching and did all this on the side. I had to retire so I could really work on the to do list. One of my buddies says, you know about Larry, he always has a project going. I guess I do.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Wow! Those are beautiful!