Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday stuff....

This is the entrance to my back yard. The fountain was given to me and so was the fence. It is a recycle from a business in Des Moines. I built the gate a few years back and I still need to paint the gate. Things just keep growing. Rained about an inch and a half so that will help.

A little review at to where the plants started out in the house.
My tiller never did work after much time spent to repair it. So I went the no till method with black plastic strips and cutting holes into it to place my plants. Many skeptics are out there in my neighborhood but you see it done this way on so many garden shows. I am now in the process of placing newspaper on the gaps between the plastic and am putting grass clippings on top of that. The plants have really grown this past two weeks. Blogger friends do the cardboard with mulch on top it to start new garden areas. I have blooms coming now, even though I saw my fruit spray on the apple trees did affect the ones on the edge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm reminded of the secret garden when I see your gate. It looks nice.

The Retired One said...

Your garden looks great!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I really like the gate! You're going to have a lot of tomatoes. It's fun to see what those little seeds turn into isn't it? Very rewarding.