Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday's challenges......

I finished up the base of my porch last week. I built the most of the porch last fall but winter set in and I ran out of time. Life got very busy also.
I was able to get the primer on the bottom of the porch on Wednesday. I now need to put the final top color on the tops of the stairs, and the top floor. We selected a tan, sand color for the floor of the porch a few years back so that is what we will use. It seems to be a nice nuetral color. I just don't know if everything will get that color or just some of it.
The whole porch still won't be done as I wanted fancier railings and some victorian decorations at the top sides of the porch. I will do that some other time. If you are new to this blog, I had a smaller plain deck on the front to cover up concrete steps. I made the deck a foot deeper and tore off a three step system and added a four step system. It is so much easier to walk up to the door. I used recycle posts and built the roof myself.

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I think your porch looks great. I love the color of your home also. It is so pleasing and happy looking. It makes me feel good.

Enjoy your fine work.

FlowerLady

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is looking really good..you are a Carpenter! :)

The Retired One said...

Lookin' good!
We have a cottage we are remodeling, and my husband made a bunch of gingerbread for the porch...can't wait for the deck part to be repaired so we can put up the gingerbread!!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

It's looking great, you're very talented. I really like the color of your house too!