Monday, July 13, 2009

Yellow plus red makes orange......

In paint that is true, you can mix a red and yellow to get hundreds of various colors of orange. In flowers it takes years to discover and breed distinctive colors.

The orange lily was given to me by a friend. I was just thinking that when I was not retired and was still teaching, I was also one of the tech guy at school. I would have to spend the summer off and on at school and never got most of these flowers photographted. This is the first summer that I have had off and the first time that I will have all of them cataloged.
I have a row of plain yellow lilies along a sidewalk and today's rain made them all diminish. I am sure that I didn't begin to see or appreciated them last summer like I have this summer.

1 comment:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I've been enjoying seeing so many daylilies this year. I love the orange one. It's nice to have the time to enjoy the garden, especially since so many flowers aren't in bloom for very long.