Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bar Harbor......

Setting on the northern edge of Mount Desset Island is the town of Bar Harbor. It is a thriving tourist town with a lot of very nice shops. I was impressed with the quality of the stores considering a lot of it shuts down by November. It is a special place and I see why people flock there from Boston and other big eastern cities.
I took a lot of shots of the store fronts as they really worked hard to give the public a good taste of a New England town. I love bay windows and this one was special. This should have been one of my Photo a Day shots but I couldn't wait to share it.
For all of my blogger garden friends I took this photo. A very nice garden store had a patio store to the side of it. You stepped down a few steps from the store and you then were in a grand patio display area. We really wished we had more days to appreciate the town but we were on a tight schedule, so we only visited one afternoon as much as we could. We were there the day before when it rained continually and that was fun in it's own way, but on a good day it was great. My wife and I took over 400 photos together so I have a lot of editing to get done to keep this blogging thing going. Thanks for reading....

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Oooo lovely pictures. I agree with you about the bay windows, they're great.
I adored Bar Harbor, I tried to break my ankle there. Heehee the roadside curbs are quite high in places. I remember the Irish restaurant that served delicious brown chips, and the ageing bikers on their Harley Davidsons. Wonderful place.

Alan Burnett said...

What a wonderful looking spot. I had never even heard of Mount Desset Island and inspired by your post I looked it up on Google Earth. And so there is another place I need to go to before I die.

Erin said...

Such beautiful shots...I can't take Iowa much longer knowing places like that exist. Seattle - dream city. Either coast would work!

Thomas said...

Beautiful view and pics! I love Bar Harbor!

Ezhilan said...

Beautiful scene with a great view point.

Unknown said...

We are thinking about vacationing at Bar Harbor next summer!

The Retired One said...

Oh yeah...I totally would have gone into that garden store!! It would kill me to only be by all those shops for a short period of time and not be able to browse.
The ocean scene was gorgeous, thanks for sharing these.