Wednesday, September 23, 2009

More power.........

I whined and complained for two paragraphs about how I couldn't take framing pictures much longer. I have done it for over 24 years as a side home industry and I just have reached my point of no return. I showed you the pieces of a bad cutting miter saw, bad blade and a failed frame was the result of all that effort. So much work and such bad quality. AAAAchhhh!
In the middle of the night I got up and scratched my" feel sorry for me" paragraphs and went back to bed. With my dear wife's encouragement, we went to Menards today, and I bought two new eight foot pieces of frame molding and a new miter saw.
Look at that below, a perfect miter cut. All eight of the cuts when placed in the strap clamp, closed in and became a perfect frame. That is a beautiful picture to me.
I also have to admit that I read the directions for the saw assembly, because I could do it any other way, as the machine is complicated. I was pretty sure that I understood it before I started as I was tired of the failure.
So I quit being so grumpy and I got two frames done that are overdue and will head south today and work on the bathroom from my greatest nightmare. We are going to go on an adventure and take a trip to the landfill today also. I hope we come back alive. Thanks for reading.......

2 comments:

Linda said...

Good luck at the landfill! Glad your wife encouraged you. Women occasionally have their uses.

The Retired One said...

Sometimes you just gotta take a deep breath and do what is necessary....
now look at the beauty of the perfect frames!
Well worth it...a new saw did the trick (and cut away your frustrations).
Going to the landfill? What fun!