Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ceramic world......

Remember this is a creative zone, so I am sharing something off the wall. Actually they are on the fireplace mantel. My wife and I love the Lladro ceramics but we don't own any of it. But when we shop, we pick up pieces that have been created with the use of the pastel glazes, that are of the same coloration and style.
To be honest, our friends in China are so good at taking a product that is poplar in the US and copy it perfectly. The collection on our fireplace mantel is much larger than this and someday I will share the figurines.

7 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Yes, they are kind of warm and pleasing aren't they?

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love the Lladro figurines also, but do not own any. The gracefulness and the colors are what touch me in these pieces.

Your pieces are really lovely and I would love to see the rest of your collection.

FlowerLady

geneviève said...

dear l d burgus
j ai apprecie vos commentaires sur creation de vie
les ceramiques sont elles de vos creations?
l ardechois(france)sud est pres mont gerbier des jonc (source du fleuve LOIRE
je suis le mari de gene13
salutations

The Retired One said...

We used to collect more glassware and figurines but a few years back, when we built our new home, we decided to "downsize" a bit of our stuff to make our lives simpler. I have a lot of it packed away, ready to put in an antique store, which I hope I can open in a few years.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I love the coloring of these, if I saw the bird in a store I'd buy it in a minute.

Ezhilan said...

I like these soft colored ceramic figures. Looks nice.We have some ceramic works in our house.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

They are a lovely collection of figures.
There is a special place in my heart, for rabbits and birds, so they fit just perfect !
I have far too many collections, but unfortunately, can't muster up the courage to downsize ;)
oh, well...