Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday scatterings.......North Shore, Minnesota

I don't know what plant this is but I snapped this at a beach near Duluth, Minnesota.
Along the shoreline of Superior, the rocks create little garden areas, when a little bit of soil has blown in and wild flowers root in to make rock gardens.
I have never been able to identify these plants but the little blue bell shaped plant can grow out of a crack in the rock with no other plant around it.
Lupin flowers grow wild along the ditches of the highways. The area I took this was near the Gooseberry Falls Park. The roads have been reworked there in the past few years and on one area the lupins bloom readily. The clearing of the trees and reworking the soil actually increased their growth. One shot I missed of one large area along the way, I will mourn forever. It was waves of lupins in different colors. We usually miss the blooms of the lupins but hit it perfectly, maybe even a little too early. Some of the plants weren't in full bloom. Thanks for reading......

Just a note to you about my following photo on your sites. For some reason, my picture has been removed from your sites and it identifies me as anonymous or not at all. I didn't do that, but I am manually putting my self back on the blogs that I follow. I have stopped following certain people a while back, but....I didn't stop following everybody.

1 comment:

The Retired One said...

I have always loved the lupines and the wildflowers on the shores of Lake Superior too.
Great shots, again!