Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Vibrant Saturday........


I am still feeling punky, very punky, but am on my way to Osceola to work on the bathroom project. On my Photo A Day, I have been talking about the use of color or better yet, recognizing colors and how they land on the color wheel. This is my favorite of favorite mugs when I need to cheer up my person. The mug was one of those cheap, end of the summer left over pieces that they need to clear for Christmas goods. The red mug with the green insides is kind of a shock, but the blue and orange stripes separated by yellow makes the color just jump.
I planted a dozen glads and only two made it to the blooming stage. The two that bloomed were both red. I gave my neighbor a dozen glads from my bag and she successfully had three that bloomed, all different colors.
This is a blurry picture of the parrot at the zoo. He definitely speaks vibrant colors.
I keep harvesting my tomatoes. Some are just dropping off the vine, and I really have to bring them inside to get them to complete the ripening process. We have many buckets full of roma tomatoes. My wife made salsa to go with supper. I can hardly wait for our first fresh salsa of the year. We are eating pork chops with it, they were already thawed or we would have planned a different meat. I will barbeque them with lots of sauce so they will be contrasting in taste to the salsa.
I will give some tomatoes away to a neighbor lady who cans salsa. We froze a lot of packages of romas and will make sauce from them this winter. Thanks for reading......have a good weekend.

5 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

The mug is glorious. I have very much enjoyed your recent colour extravaganza.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Color is wonderful. That mug of yours is happy looking. Homemade salsa sounds yummy.

May you and your DW have a great weekend. Hope you feel better soon.

FlowerLady

Ezhilan said...

The bright colors have the ability to cheer up our mind.The red and green tomatoes have a matching look with the mug.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I love your mug :)
If that won't get you up and at 'em in the morning, nothing will !
Your tomatoes look delicious....

The Retired One said...

I really liked the tomato picture. For the colors and the texture.
Plus, I am craving a fresh tomato! Ours aren't ripe yet. :-}