Saturday, September 26, 2009

Keeping up with it all......

We worked on the house today. It is an hour plus to drive there so we got a little creative by taking pictures on the way down. I stopped the car along the interstate, bad idea I know, and turned to snap the lovely Iowa landscape. Wow, motion of a big truck going by. I will share the Iowa landscapes later.
It is amazing how the young flowers, the last to bloom, just stand out there among the fading friends. Our trees are not turning yet, but they will soon. I must start collecting seed. The neighbor lady cleaned out most of all of the final tomatoes. Nice to have them gone.

My new miter saw was such a blessing to my life. I don't have to fight for a good corner anymore. I finished the two frame jobs that I needed to get done and they are ready for pickup. We have a friend in a neighboring town who painted the wolves and eagle. He does such a nice job and we enjoy the friendship we have as fellow artist.
I have the weekend off so I can heal up the aching muscles from dry walling and plumbing. I mowed a yard today and took a few pictures. I just don't know if I can ever show you the before pictures of the bathroom I am working on. Maybe I will show you the finished product. Have a good weekend every one. Thanks for reading.......

6 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

It looks like you did a wonderful job with the framing. It is something I have always wanted to try but never dare.

Jimmy said...

I am jealous of people who can work with tools and create things. I'm from the city and always hired things out to be done. Still do.

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

Hahah.. I took pictures of my fading yellow flowers just like yours, I am sure I will be posting mine soon as well! I think they are as fun to capture now, as when they were so bright and new.

I love the framed pictures, beautiful!

The Retired One said...

The one frame looks like birdseye maple..beautiful job!

Linda said...

The truck is interesting too, you know! American 'lorries' are so different to our own that they always look exotic to me.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

How talented you are to be able to make your own frames. Your friend is very talented!
Our trees are just starting to turn here too, it's fun looking at them each day to see the changes.