Thursday, June 6, 2019

A Long Day with Heat.........


The buttercups planted among the peonies will bloom for a longer time if I keep them watered. This one did migrate down the hill to the new garden when I transferred a peony from up there.  It came with the peony roots.

I idon’thave a lot of yellow flowers so these are a great addition to the peony row.

This old fashion red peony is blooming in the row.
The white is a blurry shot but the white is so pure in color.  It is different than the old fashion white that has a red splotch.  I have marked the old fashion white peony at the old place. I will try to get a start of that one too.

I brought two hosta plants from the old place down to the new house.  They were lost in a patch of ditch lilies and could not be seen all summer.  I also dug up the light blue colored flag iris which I see I didn’t get moved down here. I always leave parts of the plant so they can keep growing at the old place.

I have a new project to work on as I measured and checked how close the new raised bed is squared to the backyard fence.   Unfortunately I had not point to measure from.  Today I decided I could use a square and track out with a board to figure if the boxes were in alignment with the fence.  They new raised bed is completely off with the fence.  I will have to fix it now before too many plants grow too big. I will have to move four tomato plants complexly but everything else will stay strait enough inside the crooked boxes. Oh well!  I will feel better when I get that job done.  I will work in the morning when it is in the 70s and not in the 80’s.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I don't think I've ever seen buttercups in person. They are sweet blooms. Glad you are still able to move some treasured plants to your new yard.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stay cool:)