Saturday, June 22, 2019

Saturday’s Stuff....


Tomato blooms means there will be tomatoes. I have three or four plants that are in bloom right now.

One of them has tomatoes on the vine.  That is encouraging after all the time it has been since they were planted. They need hot weather and that will take place this next week.  I will probably have to start watering them extra in a few days.
My new raised beds are doing well but the zinnias did not germinate.  Finally after a soaking rain the are now coming up in rows. I guess the soil I bought for raised gardens was filled with compost.  It needed a lot of moisture to  encourage.  More moisture that what I was sprinkling on it.  Some petunias are getting set in now and the glads are doing will next to the row of onions.

We had rain almost all of Friday so with the warmth of the day everything will grow better. We are forecasted to have a lot of hot days ahead of us.  That is normal Iowa summer.



This was on the top of my garden shed at the old place.  The box side pieces had rotted off at the base where it was connected to the roof. The most of it was still in good shape.  I have torn off the side pieces and replaced them now.  More is planned for the project.  I will share as it progresses.  More parts go onto the side and the corners and eaves get molding decoration.

Thanks for stopping by today. I need to go mow my yard so your get shorted some time from me today. Ah yes, tomorrow!!!!

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Oh, look at precious Ella's new photo. She is really changing! So pretty.

Good for you with the tomatoes. We also just planted zinnia seeds. So hoping to have some to cut for vases.

I love the garden shed ornament. I look forward to following your progress.

Have a blessed weekend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have tomatoes already! Must be that Iowa heat! :)