Friday, June 7, 2019

Friday’s Here....


I was at the old place mowing the yard when I noticed my William Baffin was in full bloom.  There were flowers everywhere.  Surprisingly on the same day the new rose of the same kind was in full bloom at the south east side of the house.


It is interesting to see the exact same variety of rose is blooming the same way at the same time twenty five miles away from each other.  I guess they get the exact same weather.  It is a climbing rose that will need a structure for it to hold the long canes.

The heat is taking out the iris blooms.  I have only a few left.  The flag iris is down to only a couple of blooms.  The regular iris are failing too.  I bought an outdoor planter of flowers that I share earlier and it was dehydrated quickly.  The planters of flowers are filled with a potting mix that doesn’t really have much soil in it.  I am going to have to keep the hanging planter inside the sunroom where I can keep it alive.

I went out right after supper to get pictures.  My wife came with me and we were busy taking the last blooms of this one iris.  There are two left and I bet they will be gone today.  The cold has been hard to tolerated but in Iowa it just clicks on the high heat in a days time putting everything into shock.

I succeeded transplanting this holly hock from the old place.  It is going to be huge.  The buds shown here means we will even see many blooms.

I was up earlier than usual this morning and caught a glimpse of the sun yet to rise.  It shows that there won’t be cloud cover today and I see the sun has moved to the far left of my horizon now.

I am going to be working in the backyard this morning so I hope I can get my work done before the heat sets in on me. My tomato plants are loving the warm weather as they seem to  have grown large in just a few days.  I put wire cages on them two days ago and they have grown up and into the wire cage big enough that I couldn’t remove them now with too many branches now.

The week seems to have gone by quickly.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Laurel Wood said...

Beautiful roses. I sure have enjoyed the irises you have shared with us. We've had about 3 days of rain which has helped our plants/grass. That is a nice photo of the sunrise too. Have a blessed weekend.