Tuesday, June 25, 2019

The Things for the Day......


Good cloud formations are moving around in the afternoon. The heat is coming and clouds are starting to move out of the area.

I bring it in during the rain and sometimes at night.  I don’t have it lighted at night but we have a street light nearby that keeps lighted.  Spotty rains causes me to keep it leaning inside.  Moving into a week of high heat means I can keep it outside.
My beta keeps making bubble nests so I bought him a girlfriend.  In the natural world they would make hundreds of baby fish but in this plastic tank I am in doubt.  I was reading a book the other day that showed some Asian country people keep large water bowls outside during the warmer seasons.

I planted a hosta next to my new variegated dogwood shrub and it is going to look good as they both grow larger.

I am headed to the old place today to get some inside work finished up. I am going early to beat the heat and when come home when it is a lot hotter.  True Iowa temperatures are showing themselves all week.  I know that hot days means we can get some severe storms.. We have farmers that still do not have some of their crops in and they will get things done with this week of heat.

Thanks for stopping by today.


3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You need a flag holder in that corner! My goodness I just noticed Ella's new photo what a beauty!

Laurel Wood said...

We had a surprise shower/strong wind to pop up last night. It ripped our flag and holder (held on by screws) down. We have a few solar lights that light up our flag at night.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lovely new shot of your granddaughter, Larry. And cloud formations are always wonderful photo subjects.