Thursday, June 20, 2019

The Things I Do......


A new rose that I mention a while back with a blurry photo is now putting out many blooms. I planted it it at the bottom of our new deck stairs.

I used my scrap wood to make a raised bed.  I planted the rose in the middle and places hosta at the corners.  I like that it will help to keep the grass out of the area. It gives me one more thing to mow around so I decided I will quit making these kinds of things. The hosta will do well and I will probably have to take them back out of there in a couple of years, or move the rosebush.
I mowed at the old place today and the hydrangea is doing well.  I picked the last two peony blooms and brought them down too. I had picked just  a few hydrangea and then went back and cut more as the bush was loaded with blooms.

I will always remember the history of the shrub as I pulled a root of it from an empty house up there street while walking Barney.  Within the year from the thieving incident the new renters went in and removed every hydrangea plant on both sides of the porch. I think they put in hosts My taking of the start became a rescue.  I now have some of this at the new place too.



The hardy geraniums are doing well in the front yard. A lot of them are putting on new buds since I planted them.  I since then planted a hosta among them along with the variegated dogwood shrub.
This is the other kind of flower that is called a geranium.  It has lasted a long time with our rainy season this spring.

It is Thursday and my work at the old place seemed difficult today.  There is so much to do up there and I just putting a dent in it. I try to mow most of it each week and am taking time to trim back sucker trees and water grasss. I have to pick up sticks each time as the storm keep blowing them from the trees.  I won’t go back for another week so I can recoup from it all.  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Rose said...

You have some gorgeous flowers! I cannot imagine taking care of two homes now. So much to do.

Laurel Wood said...

Your photos of the beautiful flowers are great. I hope you are able to rest after a hard day in the yard at the old house.

Lisa said...

I think that's a really nice place for the new raised bed! It's nice you're handy and can build things with the scraps!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful flowers, especially that yellow rose! :)