Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sunday Morning Sunshine......






The electric cord took out this large hybrid iris.  Usually I cut them off but this time the cord drug over it and snapped it off at the base.

The good thing about the rains was it caused the red peonies to bloom robustly.  The two springs before they did not look good. I think all the water finally soaked through all the clay that they are planted in by the former owners. I didn’t think they were good plants until this spring. I have my grandmother’s red peony planted in the back yard.
The pinks have returned to bloom again.  I think they are suppose to do that but I have never had such great success with these.  Their is a tall version of dianthus that returned this spring but they are not blooming so well yet.

We are starting off the day with cooler temperatures. We will gradually warm up to the lower 70s by afternoon. I did plant a few things yesterday.   I replaced one dead tomato with a new one. It was a steak tomato that I wanted.  I didn’t plant any larger ones last year and we really missed having them. I picked up a six pack of other tomatoes with one of them dead.  So I added five more to my collection.  I planted four of them in the back of the new raised bed. I still have to still buy zinnias to make my traditional patch of may zinnia blooms.

A day with no rain is great.  Our local lake was emptied as far as they could on a Friday when I drove by it.  The next week on Thursday the lake hand been filled in with probably 20 feet of more water.  The rains from everywhere are still flowing our way. I gauge the height of that lake by the mile long bridge that I drive over, and when the water covers all of the boat ramp and side scrub shrubs I know it is hight again.

We had a chance to see our baby grand daughter on Facebook last evening.  She is growing and we got to see her awake for the first time.  Big brothers sneaked into view also. Ella is a month old now.

I thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Laurel Wood said...

Your flowers are all so pretty! I imagine you have lots of neighbors to stop and admire the beauty. It's nice to see a peek at your sunroom in the photo of the iris. Looks like you have added your and Della's art to the wall. Such a lovely room to enjoy! How great to be able to view little Ella awake. She is adorable.