Friday, June 28, 2019

Friday’s Finds......


This is a recycled Easter lily.  It was put in the ground last year after the holiday season. It has only one bloom but it does seem to be happy where it is planted. I just planted the bulb from this years Easter season.

The blooming plant is one that I don’t remember.  I know someone last year shared with me what its name is.  I just didn’t remember it. It looks like a jungle in there with the grass growing and the blades of the leaves from a coneflower hanging into the view.

I like to rearrange my zinnias getting them into a better line.  I am waiting for the little ones to grow bigger before I do a mass move with them. They fill in so much they really don’t need to be in rows but I do need to spread them out sooner than later. The zinnia reacts when I transplant them but they co come out of it overnight as long as I don’t break the roots off of them. They are slow in coming up this summer but I bet it won’t take much time for them to start blooming.



I have found tomatoes or two different plants now. I have been watering them every other morning as the heat is really bearing down on them.  They like heat but they sure don’t like it for a whole week without some added water. I have let some of my volunteer tomato plants that came up in the raised bed to grow anyway among the spaces of the deliberately planted tomato plants.  Since we didn’t have a huge harvest last summer maybe we will have lots this year.
This project is completed.  I just have to stack up the base, and this box shape on top of that.  I will then place the shingled rood on top of this.  I don’t have the bricks that I wanted to put under all of this.  I have a dozen or so of them at the old place but not at the new place.  I am going to have to be patient and wait, to put it together.  If I could find something to make a temporary base I could do it. It is heavy and to put it up temporarily might be bad.

While finishing the paint job on this base, I could hear both of my neighbors mowing grass.  I wan’t going to do it but then when I went outside I notice our temperatures had drop because of a rain system the floated by to the east of it.  It caused it almost to be cold but the heat did come back.  I went ahead and mowed mine since the guys had their yards done. Later today we will have a heat index of 101 degrees F. so it was good to get it done early morning.

I wish all of you to be well and thanks for checking in today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

It will be so nice to have fresh tomatoes. Is the small blooming plant Lamium? I'm not sure. Your project looks very nice - great workmanship.
Glad you got your grass cut. It is hot here too. Most of our plants are new and we at least have to mist them every day. I wish you both a nice weekend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes Lamium I believe they come in all blooming colors of pink white or purple. :)