Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Middle of the Week.......



I don't want my bunny herd eating by marigold plants and small zinnia sprouts. I pulled out the former owners cages and try to figure out how they worked.


Coral bells are a fragile display of buds and blooms. It is almost hard to appreciate them because they are so small. The sage in the backgrounds helps to make the pink flowers show better.I do like the foliage of the plant. Heuchera is a name that some people use for them. I use to remember the name but I had to look it up on the net.

I worked out side a little putting up the cages and clearing vines away form the air conditioner vents. I am seeing the rows of zinnias and am anxious to get them to grow bigger. I planted them late but I know they will make it. I am watering my tomatoes now to give them that extra boost.

The new rose is liking it new location. It was the rose that was planted in complete soil and no mulch. I paid a lot for that soil but I am thinking it is worth rather having to wait another year for iit to mature.



My hostas are blooming right now. Thanks for  stopping by today. Stay safe......

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I hope the cages will prevent mr. bunny from eating your plants! I haven't seen coral bells in a long time. Love your hosta and the yellow rose, too. It would be a treat to tour your yard! Hope you are feeling better.
Our neighbor lets his 2 dogs run lose, and Copper is bad to get in our flower and veggie beds. It's not safe for the dogs to run lose but to say something would be to lose a neighbor - hard spot to be in.

Far Side of Fifty said...

A herd of bunnies! We have a few also...the Owls didn't get them all:) Looks like you figured out a fence. Coral Bells or Heuchera...the flowers are so small I think many people like them just for their foliage:)

Rose said...

It is nice that you had the cages. I have not seen a bunny here in a long time but we used to have two or three all the time.