Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Tuesday's Things......

A sculptor that I inherited from the former owners is this boy and his dog.  It is connected to my eaves drain spout and the bow watches the water along with dog watches to water goes through the tree trunk. I have never ever seen these for sale so I am glad to own it.

The onions I planted last year were planted too late in the season. When I pulled them in the fall they were too small. My wife did use some but they were just too small.  I kept them in a brown bag in the closest and a few weeks ago I planted them again. I was so surprise to see how fast they grew.
The hosta is blooming. I was out there this morning cutting the volunteer tree out of this grouping. The privet is doing a good job of covering up the gas meter. I will probably have to trim in back each year to keep it under control.


The one down side of the knock out rose is I now have to trim these all back. I haven't been able to clip them back as they bloomed so I will have to trim one rose per day to get them done.  They need to be trimmed back so they will bloom again. This picture is an older one as the blooms are now all faded and are dropping petals.
The blanket flower is doing well again this year.  The sage almost crowds it out so I may have to move it.
I mowed the rest of my yard this morning and did get some trimming done of unwanted sucker plants or stray mulberry trees. I can see that I should get some rest this afternoon. We are having a cool day so far and it is nice to be outside.  Thanks for stopping in today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Happy to hear you had a cooler morning to cut the grass. That little boy/dog statue is cute! I love your hosta, roses and blanket flowers and how nice that your onions are growing quickly.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have some Gaillardia that just opened today. Boy the grass is growing fast here! Hope you can keep up with mowing and trimming! :)