Monday, January 16, 2023

Blasts from the Past....


 Another collection that I have is one of scale model cars and trucks.  I moved things here and I found a drawer full of things that I hadn't seen for four or five years.  The model of a Ford truck is a replica of one made in 1956. The side windows are unusual as well as the windshield.



I was six years old when these were sold so I bet in my older childhood days that I did see these trucks.  I don't remember them in red though as a lot of trucks were black or white.



I remember having two of these but forgot why.  I bought them in Kansas City at a mall near the Hallmark headquarters.  As I was getting them ready to photograph I saw on the bottoms of them that they cost me one dollar each.  I am sure I thought that at that price I should just buy them both.  The tail fins on these 1959 Cadillacs were amazing. I do know I saw these cars back in the sixties but not a lot of people could afford them.


When you see them from the side they were designed to be streamlined from front to back.  The grills were amazing to see as most cars at the time were not created with that much detail.  The convertible was stream lined but the regular four door was more boxy in shape.



It is a strange day as we started off warm, 54° F.  The sun was shining but by the afternoon it looks like snow or rain.  The eastern part of our state did get thunderstorms today.  We had a small shower in the night.  Have a good rest of your day this Monday.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Neat old cars and trucks!

The Great Ethan Allen said...

My Dad had a Jet Black caddy convertible. He sold it and bought a Toyota before 4x4's were cool. Grandma said he would never get a girl in that crappy Toyota after he sold the "babe Mobile".. But he married my Mom soon afterwards. Guess the Toyota drew in the right woman for the job.
I saw a picture of the black Caddy, top down, a long time ago. Looked just like the ones above. kinda cool.

Donna said...

My folks owned a green fishtail Caddie...loved it!
Dad also owned a '47? Dodge pick-up.
Been awhile!lol
Hugs
Donna