Sunday, January 29, 2023

Cars and Trucks......


 

The cars and truck are antique toys of the 1940s and 1950s.  They are all metal with a hard rubber material for wheels.  As wars set in they had to stop using the rubber and made some plastic wheels. The company name that is a part of the inside body of them is Tootsie Toy.

 


 These rubber cars had  a pa inted on windows and chrome.  I am guessing that these could have been my son's grandfather's toys. The wheels are there but are built inside of the car's bodies. 



This a a car made in a mold of red plastic.  The design is almost futuristic-looking or streamed lined. I guess that making the opening for wheels caused problems so they just put the wheels on the inside of them. 



My newer cars of my collection includes this 11957 Corvette.  I like studying the construction of them seeing how they simplified things to make is as easy as possible to assemble on the line.



The two door 1957 Thunderbird was a popular car.  It did evolve into a four door hardtop vehicle with and long low back end that made it look like an alligator tail.  'Cars have changed so much from the original model T Fords.  The 2017 Buick Lacrosse car that I now own has been discontinued and the company is not making them anymore.  Buick thinks I would rather like an SUV shaped one.  I really don't dislike the boxy shaped things but I am still want a traditional looking car.  I don't have enough mileage on my  six year old car to change anyway so I guess I can just drive it until it dies. 

We were at 1° F. this morning.  It is warming up to 7°F.  I am debating if I want to bundle up to clear and inch of snow off the sidewalk.  Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I think I played with a car just like the yellow one in our sandbox as a kid. We made roads for or metal cars and drove them all over our sandbox.
My father had a Corvette like the one you show. It was all white with red trim.
Wow, what great old cars you have.

Stay warm!