Friday, January 20, 2023

Wonderland....


 A created a path this morning on the deck so I could get to the feeders without wading in snow.  It is almost five inches deep but the deck always gets a big build up because of the two adjoining roofs above.  The wind blows all the roof snow down to the deck. 



I thought about shoveling just paths yesterday but the snow was very heavy.  I started the snow blower immediately so it was the tool of choice.  i was able to clear my driveway and the sidewalks of mine and my neighbor's who isn't home right now.  The wet snow was difficult even with the blower and the surfaces did have some snow still on it.  



The birds were back again today. The snow was hard to remove from the feeder as the bottom part of the snow has refreezed to the surface of things. 



We are cold again today.  We will warm up to 28° F. so no snow will be leaving soon.  I am glad we went out for breakfast this morning.  Afterwards I had meds to pick up along with a handful of expensive groceries.  I go chilled from the walk back to the car.  I won't go outside again today.  Thanks for checking in today on this Friday.

4 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

That is a lot of snow, beautiful to look at but so hard to travel around in. Stay safe out there Larry !
Jo

Donna said...

Stay indoors when you can! Looking awfully cold there...
hugs
Donna

Val Ewing said...

Our snow was wet and heavy also but we missed the worst of it. Now it is crunchy on top as we had some freezing rain too!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow you really got some snow!