Thursday, January 5, 2023

Books on the Shelf.....


 Having moved now six years ago, lots of things were put in crates and unloaded at the new place.  I saw some large books on the shelf recently and wondered what I even had there in the pile.   I found a Norman Rockwell book of prints.  Prints is an exaggerateed word as they are good illustrations of a lot of his work through his lifetime.


Another oversized book in the pile was one of works done by Georgia O"Keefe.  It is one with very fine prints in it of a lot of her  art from various years in her career. 


It is a fun visit to great artworks of different styles.  Rockwell has a great way to observe everyday life and point out the feelings going on in their lives.  Georgia blazed a trail with her large works of flowers and leaves.



Another book I found on the pile is one that I bought because of the illustrations.  Th"e story isn't so great but the artist is the same one who illustrated a book that became "The Polar Express movie.

My memories of our sons coming to the old house and packing wildly of things to help us to get moved.  We had selected the special things to pack and all the rest on the shelves were extras.  The extras were great and I am glad they cleared the bookshelves with vigor and we got it all moved.  I also dusted the found books and put them back on the shelf having enjoyed seeing them again. 

We had a light snow yesterday and overnight.  I had to push, shovel the snow making paths so people and their dogs can walk by more easily.  It wasn't a heavy snow and I didn't get to fussy with  it.  We warmed up to 31 ° F. and it sort of melted. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

These are great books, I'd love to browse through them.