Sunday, January 22, 2023

Spot of Red.....


 

I had a red visitor to the feeder this morning.  I could barely get my camera turned on in time to get any photos.  He might be back later.

 


 

A dark eyed junco gives me a pose while he is at the feeder.  The eye is so dark that it blends in unless there is a light reflection taking place. 



I really like the shape of the body of the junco.   Some call it a snow bird as it does not hesitate to dig into the snow to find seed.  The shape of the bird and the color of the beak makes it easier to identify. 


While it is cold outside the temps are tropical inside.  The heated water makes all the guppies happy.  You can see the latest hatching of guppies near the filter on the right side. I think there is actually a smaller younger batch but they are hiding in the greens. 

We are having a quiet day.  I did push snow off the sidewalks and driveway this morning.  It was a light snow of a couple of inches. It was light and fluffy and the snowblower probably wouldn't have worked well.  Have a good Sunday.

2 comments:

Donna said...

What a handsome bird!
Stay warm...
hugs
Donna

Val Ewing said...

I love Junco's too! My grandmother used to call them snowbirds. That confused me when people referred to other folks as snowbirds too as a kid.

They are busy!