Sunday, February 5, 2023

Melting....


 It is 39° F. and we are slowly melting off snow.  It isn't a rapid melt but we are to have it like this for a week or so. I can see a small trickle of water running down the curbs of the street. 


Maybe in a couple of months I can put up the trellis.  They are from Wayfare and are all vinyl.  I don't have the health to build them anymore nor do I want to maintain them with painting them off and on through the last of my years.  I do think I will buy four square posts to place in the ground to support them. I will have to paint them. 


The wainscoting project continues tomorrow with me starting on another wall.  I don't have the top moldings yet but that can happen quickly once I purchase them,  Staining and finish has been put on this one, not shown in this photo.  I will have all my furniture sitting in the middle of the room if I don't finish off some of this.  We don't live down here in the walk out basement so the mess is easy to tolerate. 

It is a quiet Sunday today.  We are planning on doing chili dogs for supper and pretend we are kids again. Thanks for stopping by today.



2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for melting:)

Val Ewing said...

I like that trellis, for years, I've been trying to figure out a place to put one and have climbing flowers. Sigh, maybe one day right?