Monday, February 27, 2023

Winter Rest.....

 

Sometimes the weather just gets to be too much and I just want it to be spring.  I escape by going to my pile of garden books.  It is a good way to learn more about plants and find things that I can build myself. 

 


 White looks nice in the gardens.  I have white trellis to install when it warms up.  I need to buy support poles for them and I will be painting them white. 



I have a building guide book on making gazebos.  I can only dream now as I don't have a big enough lot for it.  I do think that a mini gazebo would make a good garden ornament.  Maybe someday that will happen. 



I am almost finished with my one wall of wainsoting in the downstairs bedroom.  I have to put a finish on the top molding and have baseboards yet to install.  I can see the end of the tunnel with this project and maybe tomorrow I can put the room back together.  Varnish will be applied and baseboards will have their nails hammered onto the wall. The bed can be pushed back up against the wall and the last of the scrap wood piece will be taken away.  I hope I can get a photo of it all then too tomorrow.  

Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I get to thinking about gardens and plants also by this time of the year.
It probably is because we get tired of the cold and ice.

I would love a trellis but have no idea where I'd put it at this time.

I've even started thinking about what I'd do for a mini garden again this year!