Friday, April 17, 2009

Creative Spirit Studio and Gallery...

When Della and I first married I thought if she wanted to be a stay at home mom that would be ok with me. After the first year I could see that she had to keep drawing and painting and that was great. She was doing so in very dark areas of our house. So the next summer we started to make plans to build a studio addition to our house in which she could work and have a home business gallery area for her to sell her work. Once we were finished and opened, the public noticed that I custom cut frames so they almost demanded that we frame things for them. It was not our original goal at all but now for twenty five years we have also been a frame shop. We were grandfathered in before zoning laws hit and even so we thought we would squeeze in as a craft business. Our business is an easy going one. Don't advertise and keep things moving slow. It has been great for Della to sell her work.
When Ebay came around, our focus changed, and we were shipping her work to France, Ireland, Australia, Canada and and all over the United States. Our gallery has been hurting in appearance. Della would sell things out of the door and we never got much work hung on the walls. We have had blank spaces on our gallery walls for quite a few years.
So two days ago I decided to get the hammer and nails out and started filling in all those blank wall spaces. I found stuff that she still will sell over Ebay and I put up stuff for sale that I have done during some past summers years back. I didn't photograph all of the walls but this is the way it looked when we opened in September of 85. We have diverse themes and various mediums.
I started blogging so I could get acquainted with the skills of blogging. The selling of any art on Ebay requires a blog for self-promotion. As I build my stock pile of paintings, I will have an art blog solely for the sake of sales. I hope that I can keep up this blog once I start. I really do enjoy the social and education benefits of blogging. Time will tell if I can keep them all three going. Thanks for reading...

5 comments:

Erin said...

The surrealist sailboat is my favorite. One of these days, I'll have to purchase one of your paintings!

Bren Haas said...

This is wonderful....I had no idea how creative you are. Happy Spring - can't wait to see what you create next.

anita said...

These are your wifes paintings?

anita said...

They are so wonderful. by the way.

L. D. said...

Most of the paintings were done by my wife. Maybe a quarter of them that you see there are mine.Her blog and website is listed to the right. I just retired so I couldn't pretend to have ever keep up with her. Thanks for the compliment.