Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A summer project....

I built this gate a couple of summers ago and nothing developed from it. I took the photo a month ago so white snow is everywhere. I need to paint the gate door but want to leave all the rest natural. I planted two clematis plants on the trellis and I see that one of them is coming up strong after a very weak start last year. The fountain was given to me and I need to get the wiring going to get the pump working. The snow makes it look pretty bleak but when I get my after picture done this summer is should look good. The red brick on the side of the old side walk has a rill in the middle of it. I need to drain water away from the house and in the most part is does work. The house sits to the right of all of this with old fashioned roses and day lilies. The other gate pictured with the Japanese roof also needs some attention. I want to paint the gate door the same color as the front gate's color. The sidewalk needs to be improved as it looks like a hurry up job by one of the previous owners. I would like to line the sides of the walk with red brick to widen it and class it up a little. Warm weather and some time will make it all come together. Thanks for reading...

An older story about this gate.

2 comments:

Vernita Hoyt said...

Hi, Larry ... These gate structures are wonderful! You are quite a talented man.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Larry ~ I enjoyed all three stories about your fencing and gates for your gardens. Recycling is the way to go. DH and I do it all the time. You've done a great job and I know you and your DW must enjoy it all.

FlowerLady