Saturday, April 25, 2009

Iceberg Rose....
















I bought this cheap rose a few weeks back and for four dollars I thought I would take a chance on it. I did see this rose on a garden show and they said it had black spot problems. That info came after I bought it, but it started growing. They tend to sell these too early in the season and I noticed it was actually starting to bud. So I put it in a child's sand bucket and filled it up with potting soil. I noticed this morning that I have my first bloom. We are just a little cool for it to be planted and I decided I will prune it back after it blooms and plant in May after our frost warning. It is fun to see it do it's thing. I see the same store has apparently sold out of all of those earlier ones and they are ready with another whole batch to sell.
Cheap roses, an older blog about this flower.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Isn't that something that something so inexpensive turned out to be the most beautiful bloom? It obviously likes the area you have it in and you must have the magic touch for plants.
My apartment faces north so unfortunately plants do not do well and even if they did, my cat would make a quick meal of it! =)

I thank you for you kind comment on my blog.
I hope your weekend is going well.